Hack Sounds comes in a variety of formats, from our regular Core Program, to Come and Plays, through to events, jams demos and talks. We aim to allow people new to the world of Electronic Music to gain insight into its history and scope for the future, learn about the tools and processes, and offer a window into the minds of those making it.
Hack Sounds has a focus on key outcomes, including:
- Exploring electronic music production and technology
- Creating, recording and releasing new music
- Developing basic skills in traditional songwriting such as structure, melodic themes, and rhythm, as well as delving into elements specific to electronic music.
- Enhancing the skills of mentors through collaboration within an inclusive environment. These established musicians are in turn more likely to practise inclusive principles in future projects.
- Creating a network of mentors who become known to emerging musicians with disability as capable of working within an inclusive practice framework.
- Promoting and advocating for greater inclusive practice, pathways and awareness within the Australian music community.
- Developing positive attitudes to musicians with disability.